yours and mine -- procrastination rules!

3.24.2006

they're all gonna laugh at me

okay, so i'm gonna look like some kinda freak when i get around to getting down to the library. i have 11 books out, which i've finished reading and am ready to take back (except the one i'm loaning to sharon so she doesn't have to hunt it up herself). but here the bad part. when i go to the library to return these 10 books, i can then pick up my 16 holds. yes, you read that right, 16 holds. and not 16 holds that i have, 16 hold that are ready for pick-up (out of 27).

this is partially because i forgot the danger of asking my personal librarian to send me 3 books from her branch to the one i go to, and therefore got an extra 3 that i didn't ask for. while i'm not saying this was a bad thing for her to do (as in, no i'm not actually mad at you) i really didn't need any help finding more things to read. of course, it also doesn't help that i forgot how much faster stuff gets out of processing at central. so now, with a little help from my friends, i may have shot myself in the foot here and become one of those people who don't return things really promptly, about whom i was bitching in my last library related post.

oh, and as long as i'm trying to blame others for the fact that i'm about to be buried in reading material: damn you sharon, for getting me to read manga in the first place! without that i'd only have two holds, one book to pick up (aside from anything extra katie decided to send along with it) and nothing to return.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger norahs1213 said...

You're very welcome. C'mon, I need to spread my hobbies around to everyone else, like a disease.

3/24/2006 8:36 AM

 
Blogger bibliophile81 said...

First, *big cheesy grin*.

Second, I promise, you won't be the first. In fact, they won't even care, just so long as it does not become normal for you to be picking up 16 hold items at once.

3/24/2006 10:08 AM

 
Blogger rabidmonkey said...

well, wednesday it was only 7, by thursday it was 16, and today they told me to please come pick up my 17 holds, as they needed the shelf space back. the guy who checked me out didn't seems bothered, although he did joke about it taking two trips to get them all to the counter from the hold shelf.

3/24/2006 6:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home