yours and mine -- procrastination rules!

6.26.2006

fresh library woes

i'm very annoyed with the library right now. i know i should actually be annoyed with their phone and internet company, but i can't make myself care about the distinction.

the library website has been down for days now, and the other day when i was in there i heard a couple of the employees say the phones were down too, and since my brother called mom last night thinking he had a cell phone problem because it wouldn't let him call the library, i'd say they still are.

so that begs the question, what if my holds come in? i can't check on the internet, and they can't call me to tell me, and i can't even call to check. so will they be nice and postpone the time limit for picking up holds or am i expected to con someone into taking me to the library just to see if i do have any holds in?

this sucks. damned library addiction.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Their computer system was fried by lightning. Imagine how annoyed the employees must be, seeing as they have problems much larger and more demanding than your holds.

6/26/2006 10:17 PM

 
Blogger bibliophile81 said...

Yeah, what velocibadgergirl said. I don't get to say this to most patrons, but I know you personally, and you will forgive me eventually and not get me fired. QUIT YOUR WHINING. Don't worry about your holds. The staff is not completely stupid. They know about stuff like holds expiring. They'll make it work. God knows they don't want to hear you and everyone else complaining.

6/26/2006 10:46 PM

 
Blogger bibliophile81 said...

I should mention that the branches were in considerably worse shape than the main library, where the server is housed.

6/26/2006 10:46 PM

 
Blogger rabidmonkey said...

i'm sorry, okay. i can imagine it would suck for the staff way more. that doesn't mean i can't be miffed at my inconvenience. lord knows i'm not some ass who would actually complain, as if the library were responcible for it. and trust me, many places that actually need happy customers to stay open (as in paid for that way and not by taxes) wouldn't give a damn if technical issues were to blame, they would expect you to know somehow.

6/27/2006 2:26 AM

 
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Then you'd be like an annoying retail customer, and we'd have to kick you. ;)

6/27/2006 8:34 AM

 
Blogger basscomm said...

Wait... since I don't work in retail anymore, does that mean that I get to kick people?

Interesting...

6/29/2006 12:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home