yours and mine -- procrastination rules!

6.29.2007

i apologize

so, i just realized i hadn't posted in about a month and a half. that's horrible. so, now i've added a few interesting fluff posts, but here's one for to tell you what is new with me.

since you've last heard from me i've been to two small amusement parks, without getting sunburned hardly at all. i swear i have never ever gotten sunburned anywhere else, but every time i go to our local amusement park, holiday world, it's a battle between the sun and my spf 50, the outcome of which is uncertain. the other park i visited was beech bend in bowling green, where i briefly attended college and never knew there was an amusement park. i had fun but wasn't extremely impressed. if you ever go, i recommend hiding beverages somewhere on your person (and leaving for lunch) because in addition to being outrageously expensive the portions are pitiful.

we finished the latest project house, the one for the money guy's grandmother. i think it turned out nicely. mom's on the lookout for a new one for him to make some profit on.

this week and next at my job i'll be doing a job that isn't mine and technically outranks me, because one of the woman who actually does it has run away to florida with her family for 9 days. i can't complain about doing a job i'm not getting paid for, though, because even though i do make less that any of the three people who actually hold the position, it's not by much, since i just got a 56 cent raise. my manager didn't say why, but i'm guessing this has something to do with working in the cash office sometimes. i don't want to get too greedy, but since i still make crap wages, i may make some inquires about a few more cents closer to my impending two year anniversary.

speaking of work, can i just say that i think it's sad and wrong that we already have fall floral, halloween starts arriving tomorrow and the first christmas stuff will be coming in mid-july.

sadly, that's about all that is new with me. hopefully it won't take quite as long before another new post is forthcoming. also, this post will finally bump the last of my excursion posts off the main page, so here's a fond farewell from me to them.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Hey, maybe they learned their lesson. I did the cash office job, after it was strongly hinted at that I might get more hours and a raise for doing so.

Then my hours actually got cut, I never saw the raise, and I finally told them to take the cash office gig and shove it.

7/06/2007 6:32 AM

 
Blogger J-Dog said...

Word.

that is all

7/06/2007 10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home